[Dshield] Sony: You dont reeeeaaaally want to uninstall, do you?

Jim McCullough jim.mccullough at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 00:00:07 GMT 2005

Well, I guess we put Sony in the same catagory of the spyware and adware
companies. Not to mention the root kit addition. Now for a thought to
consider, if Sony had done this and been caught; how many other major labels
are doing the same thing? And where does the trail lead? Back to the RIAA
and MPAA? Has the different industries become so large and powerful, that
they now feel they can outright violate laws that are currently in place for
"the sake of copyright protection"? Just a thought for people to brainstorm
on for a bit. Call me paranoid. At the current time I will stick with
listening to streaming audio and the local stations, forget purchasing any
CD's. I have noticed with several dvd's that there are dvd players for
watching the movie on the dvd. These are optional items for PC's, not so
much for dvd players. I havent purchased any dvd's in a while thought.

--
Jim McCullough
"Bless the security geeks! They keep everyone elses butt out of the frying