[Dshield] Interesting Zombie Data Graphs

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Thu Nov 10 15:47:11 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-11-09 at 18:51 +0000, Chris Wright wrote:

> I am sure Comcast would complain if everyone started blocking their IP space
> so they their users couldn't access jack.

They probably would not. I have come to the conclusion that they really
don't give a rodent's derriere.

Depending upon users is pointless. People in the rare air of this forum
seem to forget that the average user is barely capable of setting up
their email client without the help of their neighbor's teenager. I know
several CEOs of fairly large public companies who are astonishingly
inept at all things digital. Donald and Martha need those Apprentices to
set the clocks on their laptops.

Ultimately, users need to be protected from their bewildering and
compelling competence at infecting their computers and the machines of
those with whom they correspond. ISP port blocking makes the most sense
IMO.

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
              RBLDNSD HowTo: http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm