[Dshield] Interesting Zombie Data Graphs

Tom dshield at oitc.com
Fri Nov 11 14:37:28 GMT 2005

At 5:18 AM -0800 11/11/05, Mark wrote:
>Should we boycott Comcast? They are the only option I
>have. I'm beyond spec for DSL (I've been haunting my
>local carrier) and dial-up just doesn't cut it for my
>needs. For many, they are the only horse in town.

Mark,

I'll have to say that comcast and others could do a lot better.
RoadRunner was terrible but at least they updated their reverses so
you can identify a non static residential IP.

As for "they're" the only horse in town" I would have to say that
attitude may be the reason that they're the only horse in town. In my
area, the service provided by RoadRunner (cable) and BellSouth (DSL &
ISDN) was very bad and the consumer base called out of alternatives
so a small local ISP with dialup (and doing early flat rate long
distance over IP and colo to make ends meet) rolled out wireless
broadband using Motorola Canopy and they and we have never looked
back. Its a great system and I get to do business with local folks I
know and local folks manage their networks better than these big guys
IMHO.

Maybe if you talk around town you can get some local involvement and
alternatives as well...

Tom

--

Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/

PGP Public Keys available at:
<A HREF="ldap://keyserver.pgp.com/">PGP's Key Server</A>
<A HREF="http://www.oitc.com/OITC/PGPKeys.html">OITC's Public Key List</A>
14A7 A308 266A 3646 FBA8  9A86 E139 F108 B1BE 37BD