[Dshield] Newsflash: Sony to stop making protected CDs

Tom dshield at oitc.com
Sat Nov 12 01:39:03 GMT 2005

At 6:19 PM +0000 11/11/05, Fergie wrote:
>to all major anti-virus companies and to the general public that
>guards against precisely the type of virus now said to exist. The
>patch fixes the possible software problem, and still allows CDs to
>be played on personal computers. It can be downloaded at
>http://cp.sonybmg.com/xcp/. Starting today, we will also be adding
>this link to the SONY BMG label and corporate sites. We deeply
>regret any possible inconvenience this may cause.

Hmm no info on how to remove Mac OSX malware assuming one was dumb
enough to install it.  So they haven't REALLY come clean.

Tom
--

Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/

PGP Public Keys available at:
<A HREF="ldap://keyserver.pgp.com/">PGP's Key Server</A>
<A HREF="http://www.oitc.com/OITC/PGPKeys.html">OITC's Public Key List</A>
14A7 A308 266A 3646 FBA8  9A86 E139 F108 B1BE 37BD