[Dshield] strange bash history listing

Tony Nichols tony at mail.applog.com
Mon Nov 14 12:49:41 GMT 2005

On Thu, 2005-11-10 at 08:44 -0500, Tony Nichols wrote:
> Found this on my mail server this morning:
>
> /usr/local/bin/cdcc 'info'
> sockstat -l4 | grep 25
>
> I log in via the lan and run freshclam -- just to make sure it updated;
> however as I hit the up arrow (to show the last commands ran" I found
> that listing above.
>
> I know I didn't run it... could it be part of the auto update?
>
> System is a SUSE 10 with postfix...
>
> Any advice out there?
>
> t o n y

Thanks for all the suggestions/advice.
I am still bewildered though.... I thought only root "logged on"
commands showed up in your bash history file (you know the up arrow to
see all the commands that you have used before).

I will keep a close look at the logs.... don't want to lose my
server ;-)

t o n y
--
Tony Nichols <tony at mail.applog.com>