[Dshield] Sony: You dont reeeeaaaally want to uninstall, do you?

Mary Henry malum at freeshell.org
Mon Nov 14 19:03:03 GMT 2005

Hi there,

AFAIK, in the States OS/2 is still in use... mainly by banks.   I have
limited experience with it .. funny you mention.. about four months ago I
found a copy of OS/2 3.0 Warp still in the shrink-wrap at a local
thrift-shop, I was unable to use it online... from what I read 4.0 is
required for this(?).

> I don't know about Novell but OS/2 is still going, more in Europe than the US
> but it is still being updated and improved.  I use it because it is not MS
> which I gave up on in 1988 (before windows) when I started to use OS/2.  I am
> almost (maybe completely) immune to all of the viruses and trojans and any
> other exploits that are in circulation.  I don't have any virus checkers,
> trojan scanners, or ad scanners, which makes me very happy (sitting here fat,
> dumb, and happy).

I don't blame you, I felt the same about Netware before Novell
switched IPX/SPX out for TCP/IP..

-M.