[Dshield] FYI - OS/2 Wrap....

Thomas.Deimel@gastechnology.org Thomas.Deimel at gastechnology.org
Mon Nov 14 19:36:40 GMT 2005

>From the IBM website
http://www-306.ibm.com/software/os/warp/
On December 23, 2005, the product is no longer being shipped and end of
standard support will cease in December 2006 but you can support from IBM
beyond that for a price.

Thomas J. Deimel
Gas Technology Institute
Website: http://www.gastechnology.org

             Mary Henry
             <malum at freeshell.
             org>                                                       To
             Sent by:                  General DShield Discussion List
             list-bounces at list         <list at lists.dshield.org>
             s.dshield.org                                              cc

                                                                   Subject
             11/14/2005 01:03          Re: [Dshield] Sony: You dont
             PM                        reeeeaaaally want to uninstall, do
                                       you?

             Please respond to
              General DShield
              Discussion List
             <list at lists.dshie
                  ld.org>

Hi there,

AFAIK, in the States OS/2 is still in use... mainly by banks.   I have
limited experience with it .. funny you mention.. about four months ago I
found a copy of OS/2 3.0 Warp still in the shrink-wrap at a local
thrift-shop, I was unable to use it online... from what I read 4.0 is
required for this(?).

> I don't know about Novell but OS/2 is still going, more in Europe than
the US
> but it is still being updated and improved.  I use it because it is not
MS
> which I gave up on in 1988 (before windows) when I started to use OS/2.
I am
> almost (maybe completely) immune to all of the viruses and trojans and
any
> other exploits that are in circulation.  I don't have any virus checkers,
> trojan scanners, or ad scanners, which makes me very happy (sitting here
fat,
> dumb, and happy).

I don't blame you, I felt the same about Netware before Novell
switched IPX/SPX out for TCP/IP..

-M.

send all posts to list at lists.dshield.org