[Dshield] Zombie Prevention : May I Sample Some Opinion?

Tim Hollebeek tholleb at teknowledge.com
Wed Nov 16 19:54:14 GMT 2005

> The numbers also support the theory that having access to
> source is not a prerequisite for developing and exploiting
> vulnerabilities.

It will be fascinating to see if this continues to be true when
(if? :)) we get to the point where security vulnerabilities aren't
absolutely trivial.  The reason you don't need the source now
is because every application distributed is broken in at least
one absolutely obvious way that attackers can guess without even
seeing the design, let alone the source.

-Tim