[Dshield] Sony In Violation Of LGPL?

Craig Webster craig at xeriom.net
Thu Nov 17 11:55:11 GMT 2005

Hi Ed Truitt,
> I think that it would be the code author (First 4 Internet) that would be
> in violation - though IANAL,NDIPOOTV.

My opinion (IANAL) is that it would depend on if Sony were aware or not.
I've not read the article (sorry) but if F4I brought the GPL stuff to
Sony's attention and Sony said "Go ahead anyway" then Sony are at fault
and F4I while not being completely blameless aren't directly
responsible.

On the other hand, if Sony knew nothing about it then F4I are at fault.

Craig Webster | web: http://xeriom.net/  | Monkey see, monkey do: Okay.
Xeriom.NET    | tel: +44 (0)131 516 8595 | Monkey top post: Bad monkey.