[Dshield] Using dshield.py script

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 18 11:04:00 GMT 2005

Hi,

I use the shorewall firewall and just registered a
dshield account so I could send through my firewall
logs.

After configuring and installing the dshield.py
script, trying to run it, it comes back with the
following error:

# /usr/local/bin/dshield.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 332, in ?
    main()
  File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 62, in main
    month, day, ltime, count, SRC, SPT, DST, DPT,
PROTO, FLAGS = parse_iptables(line, count, SRC, SPT,
DST, DPT, PROTO, FLAGS)
  File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 247, in
parse_iptables
    DST = read_field(line, 'DST')
  File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 214, in
read_field
    frm = string.index(line, field) + len(field) + 1
  File "/usr/lib/python2.3/string.py", line 145, in
    return s.index(*args)
ValueError: substring not found

Any ideas anyone?

Michael.