[Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Richard Golodner RGolodner at Aetea.com
Fri Nov 18 18:19:44 GMT 2005

	Sean, use Google, teach yourself. Hard work and being able to
utilize available resources is what has worked for me. It is an interstig
field and full of websites you can look at.
Richard

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Smith [mailto:ssmith at kwqc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 1:09 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Greetings,

I'm relatively new to the Network Security field and I was wondering if
anyone had any websites where I could learn more about keeping my
building secure, learn about current hacker tactics, botnets, spyware,
and other security concerns, as well as what I need to look for when
checking our logfiles.

I understand hardware, basic configuration, and am well-versed in the
removal of spyware and viruses, but I'm looking to expand and get a bit
more technical.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean Smith
SSmith at kwqc.com