[Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Lepich (Contractor), Jesse MR jesse.lepich at us.army.mil
Fri Nov 18 19:11:40 GMT 2005

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/netsol/ns340/ns394/ns171/ns128/networking_solutio
ns_package.html

-----Original Message-----
From: list-bounces at lists.dshield.org [mailto:list-bounces at lists.dshield.org]
On Behalf Of Sean Smith
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 12:09 PM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Greetings,

I'm relatively new to the Network Security field and I was wondering if
anyone had any websites where I could learn more about keeping my building
secure, learn about current hacker tactics, botnets, spyware, and other
security concerns, as well as what I need to look for when checking our
logfiles.

I understand hardware, basic configuration, and am well-versed in the
removal of spyware and viruses, but I'm looking to expand and get a bit more
technical.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Sean Smith
SSmith at kwqc.com