[Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Willy, Andrew AWilly at eSMIL.net
Fri Nov 18 19:25:03 GMT 2005

The Cisco SAFE document is a very basic security primer.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: Sean Smith [mailto:ssmith at kwqc.com]
Sent: Friday, November 18, 2005 11:09 AM
To: list at lists.dshield.org
Subject: [Dshield] Newbie Reading Material Request

Greetings,

I'm relatively new to the Network Security field and I was wondering if
anyone had any websites where I could learn more about keeping my
building secure, learn about current hacker tactics, botnets, spyware,
and other security concerns, as well as what I need to look for when
checking our logfiles.

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY-The information in this email, including
attachments, may be confidential and/or privileged and may contain
confidential health information. This email is intended to be reviewed only
by the individual or organization named as addressee. If you have received
this email in error please notify Scottsdale Medical Imaging, an affiliate
of Southwest Diagnostic Imaging, LTD immediately - by return message to the
sender or to support at esmil.com - and destroy all copies of this message and
any attachments. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this
email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those
of Scottsdale Medical Imaging. Confidential health information is protected
by state and federal law, including, but not limited to, the Health
Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and related
regulations.