[Dshield] Using dshield.py script

Michael Mansour micoots at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 19 05:21:30 GMT 2005

Please ignore this email below, the webpage link on
DShield references a very old download, which I used
below. When going to the project website and download
the newer version, I installed it, ran it and it all
ran fine. I then starting emailing my reports to
DShield :)

Michael.

--- Michael Mansour wrote: Hi,

I use the shorewall firewall and just registered a
dshield account so I could send through my firewall
logs.

After configuring and installing the dshield.py
script, trying to run it, it comes back with the
following error:

# /usr/local/bin/dshield.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 332, in ?
main()
File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 62, in main
month, day, ltime, count, SRC, SPT, DST, DPT,
PROTO, FLAGS = parse_iptables(line, count, SRC, SPT,
DST, DPT, PROTO, FLAGS)
File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 247, in
parse_iptables
DST = read_field(line, 'DST')
File "/usr/local/bin/dshield.py", line 214, in
read_field
frm = string.index(line, field) + len(field) + 1
File "/usr/lib/python2.3/string.py", line 145, in
return s.index(*args)
ValueError: substring not found

Any ideas anyone?

Michael.