[Dshield] "Your IP was logged" Spam/Virus

Jean-Pierre Schwickerath dshield at hilotec.net
Tue Nov 22 12:38:07 GMT 2005

> Someone at work got one claiming to be from the CIA, but I didn't get
> to see if there were any attachments before they trashed the message.
> Just my US$0.02.

I'm seeing all kind of things around here: FBI, CIA, BKA and now new,
ebay and RTL...
Most of it is blocked thanks to dial-up RBL, the rest because the
destination address is invalid. What is left is mostly delayed by
greylisting. There's just a few that come through ISPs outgoing mail
relay and which are catched by the antivirus scanner. However it's very
annoying.
But this is a perfect example of if the forged domain holders had
published tight SPF-record, I would have had much less trouble ;-)

Jean-Pierre

--
HILOTEC Engineering + Consulting GmbH
Energietechnik und Datensysteme