[Dshield] ISP Solution for complying with Dshield fightback?

Sanjay Arora sanjay.k.arora at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 12:38:18 GMT 2005

Have been watching the fightback project for a while now. Will be
joining the same in some time.

I find that a major problem ISPs, especially the smaller ones face, is a
system to track, respond, act upon by source IP blocking/source port
blocking, communicate problem to the customer, remove blocks upon
resolution and communicate resolution to Dshield and any other
projects/complainants. And preferably such activities should be a
GUI/Web based software with full workflow of the objective built into
it.

Despite searching, I could not find an open source/free libre project
that does these things for major open source OSs.

I think such a software should be a part of or of importance to the
project, just as log sending softwares are and DShield web-site should
have a section for ISPs/System Administrators, with detailed pointers to
resources on the subject.

Can someone point out existence of such softwares? Comments on this
issue?

With best regards.
Sanjay.