[Dshield] What price freedom?

Tom dshield at oitc.com
Sat Nov 26 19:49:36 GMT 2005

Ray,

We already pay its just the price is include and I defy you to find it.

Unless, that is, you get your comm for free...

Just remember TANSTAAFL

Tom

At 6:19 AM -0800 11/26/05, Ray Palmer wrote:
>We are reluctant to give up our freedom to send  anonymous messages under
>obscure aliases.  Maybe it is time to have all transmitted data stamped by
>the CPU and a nominal fee for email service.  Scary to find myself on this
>side of the fence!  What price should we pay to maintain our 13 root servers
>and indeed the integrity of the whole DNS web service from pharming attacks.
>When I use the post office, I pay with the stamp, include my return name and
>address and inadvertently label the envelope with my DNA  and my
>fingerprints.  Why should the local ISP be saddled with protecting my
>identity if I should choose to preach from my soapbox, annoy folks with spam
>or perpetrate crime?

Tom Shaw - Chief Engineer, OITC
<tshaw at oitc.com>, http://www.oitc.com/
US Phone Numbers: 321-984-3714, 321-729-6258(fax),
321-258-2475(cell/voice mail,pager)
Text Paging: http://www.oitc.com/Pager/sendmessage.html
http://www.oitc.com/Antarctica/

PGP Public Keys available at:
<A HREF="ldap://keyserver.pgp.com/">PGP's Key Server</A>
<A HREF="http://www.oitc.com/OITC/PGPKeys.html">OITC's Public Key List</A>
14A7 A308 266A 3646 FBA8  9A86 E139 F108 B1BE 37BD