[Dshield] E-mail verification request from pgp.com?

Laurent Saplairoles lsaplai at telus.net
Sun Oct 2 22:19:02 GMT 2005

Hi all

I have just received what looks like a suspicious e-mail to me and need to
know your opinion about it. Being a user of PGP, I have received and e-mail
from pgp.com asking to verify my e-mail address by clicking on a link that
leads to: https://keyserver2.pgp.com

The received header are:
  by keyserver2.pgp.com (PGP Universal service);
  Sat, 01 Oct 2005 01:30:49 -0700

and from a structural point of view this message looks legit (DN matches
IP...). Nevertheless, it is very suspicious: I do not expect to receive this
kind of message from eBay or my bank. Why would PGP, which is supposed to
attest of my "identity" use what looks pretty much a phishing technique?

Should I worry? The message was caught as spam by popfile? Should I reclassify
as legit?

Thanks in advance for your input.

Cheers!

--