[Dshield] Check Point acquires Sourcefire

Hernandez, Moses MHernandez3 at mercymiami.org
Fri Oct 7 13:49:11 GMT 2005

Joel,
  One of my biggest Concerns in evaluating IPS is not just architecture
but is in the R&D of Vulnerabilities and Signatures available. How great
is Sourcefire at providing signatures for the product? There are many
companies that have a great R&D and are an "Intrusion Prevention"
company so they make it a point to be on top of the latest threats,
would you consider Sourcefire a company like that? If so I think that's
exactly what checkpoint needed and probably one of the biggest reasons I
never purchased or recommended an Interspect solution to a company.

Moses Hernandez, CISSP, CCSA, CCNP