[Dshield] Cogent / Level 3

John Hardin johnh at aproposretail.com
Fri Oct 7 15:35:15 GMT 2005

On Wed, 2005-10-05 at 09:28, Sean Waddell wrote:
> Not sure if this is appropriate for this list, but wanted to see if
> anyone has any other information.  This morning Level 3 de-peered with
> Cogent (according to Cogent Tech Support).

>From the discussion I've seen (i.e. L3 and Cogent customers *cannot
communicate at all*) it sounds like L3 is dropping traffic from Cogent's
netblocks at their boundaries.

I mean, simply de-peering shouldn't totally terminate all connectivity
between L3 customers and Cogent customers, should it? One of the great
appeals of this intarwebnet thingy is that it routes around outages,
right? L3 *can't* be Cogent's *only* upstream provider, right? :)

--
John Hardin
Development and Technology group (Seattle)
email: jhardin at crsretail.com
  web: http://www.crsretail.com
  "We each have our own unique view or vista of this digital world.
  Windows Vista is going to bring more clarity to that."
                     -- Greg Sullivan, Windows Vista product manager
  ...unless, that is, you have a non-DRM-compliant video monitor...