[Dshield] Someone is scanning for PHP XML RPC vulnerability

Patrick St. Jean stjeanp at pat-st-jean.com
Tue Oct 11 12:46:30 GMT 2005

Stephane Grobety wrote:
> Apparently, someone is actively scanning for the PHP XMLRPC flaw. All
> my web servers and three completely separate networks have been probed.

Same here.

> Does someone understand this script ?

It looks like a test.  I'm thinking that it's just checking to see if
you're vulnerable.  If so, I bet the bad guy would be doing a lot more.

Pat

--
Pat in Lewisville            K0OOK               '97 XLH 883 (Rocinante)
BS#140                                               EKIII rides with me