[Dshield] VMware

Halsall, Mike mike at middlebury.edu
Wed Oct 12 18:28:34 GMT 2005

Hi Paul - I've had great success using VMWare Workstation 5 (their new
multiple snapshot configuration is wonderful along with the ease of use
of their snapshot tree).  The host operating system is just a fully
patched version of XP Pro with SP 2 and virus protection.  I have never
heard of any VM guest to host contamination and don't know, sans worm
based vulnerabilities of the host OS, if it's even possible; I've been
running a VM setup for years and have never had a problem.