[Dshield] VMware

Wayne.Fielder@ky.gov Wayne.Fielder at ky.gov
Wed Oct 12 18:23:05 GMT 2005

>From my work with VMWare, the system is as secure as the OS's you have
installed on/in it.

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Marsh [mailto:pmarsh at nmefdn.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2005 2:04 PM
To: General DShield Discussion List
Subject: [Dshield] VMware

 Afternoon All:

	I want to start playing around with the latest and greatest viri and
exploits to see what they do and how they function.  My question is how
secure is the system the vmware in running on?  Are there best practices I
need to follow in order to lock the vm down so I don't compromise the host
system?

Thanx, Paul

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is
privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed
above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this
transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient.
If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately
by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.