[Dshield] VMware

John B. Holmblad jholmblad at aol.com
Fri Oct 14 13:59:40 GMT 2005

Moses,

I guess what you mean by native and virtual is that, as long has the
host OS & VMware software is on hardware that supports the underlying
feature (dual core and/or 64 bit processor) then it is possible to build
a VM that has the same virtual machine support. On the other had I would
not expect VMware WS5.5 to support, say a 64 bit vm on an underlying
machine that is a 32 bit processor? Is this interpretation correct?

Best Regards,

John Holmblad

Televerage International
GSEC Gold,GCWN Gold,GGSC-0100,NSA-IAM