[Dshield] Bizarre Activity Spurt...

Pete Cap peteoutside at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 14 16:39:28 GMT 2005

Robert Nelson <nelsrob at mts.net> wrote:
I'm used to seeing the messenger spam - but I've never seen it arrive in a
burst like this before.

It happened again at just after midnight my time and again at 4:46 AM CDT...

Robert

If you do a fourier analysis of this 1025/1026 traffic you will typically see some really strong periodicities.  It's all automated activity so far as I can tell, nothing especially complex about it, so I'd have to agree with the popup spam theory.

Regards,
Pete