[Dshield] USB blocking + authenticated access

Mark Owen mr.markowen at gmail.com
Sat Oct 15 04:21:23 GMT 2005

On 10/13/05, Stef <stefmit at gmail.com> wrote:
> Could someone recommend (perhaps from first hand experience) a good
> methodology (application?!?) allowing blocking of USB ports, unless
> specific credentials are presented?
>
> TIA,
> Stef

Ok, I haven't tested but after much thought I believe that if you
create a script that will modify the acl for %systemroot%\inf\*usb* to
disable all access, including system, on login and to reenable on
authenticated users, I think that will work.

Like I said, I haven't tested it but it sounds good.

--
Mark Owen