[Dshield] Bizarre Activity Spurt...

Freek de Kruijf f.de.kruijf at hetnet.nl
Mon Oct 17 19:04:17 GMT 2005

On Monday 17 oktober 2005 17:17, Stephane Grobety wrote:
> FdK> I captured a number of these packages. I received these packages on
> the FdK> following ports; the number in the second column is the count
> for Oct 16: [snip]
>
> What is strange about this ? All I see is messenger spam, nothing
> else.

This is part of a thread which started with this subject. I too noticed a
large increase in these messenger spam and analysed it a bit more. I had
about 50 messenger spam messages per day. Since the increase it is 800.
My analyses indicate that it seems to come from one basic source.

My hope is that someone in the USA can do something about it.

--
fr.gr.

Beelaerts ICT Consultancy
Freek