[Dshield] Trojan that exploits MS05-031

Lauro, John jlauro at umflint.edu
Mon Oct 17 23:00:33 GMT 2005

It's about the same as blocking ports on the firewall.  It only delays
an enterprise outbreak if you don't get all of the individual machines
patched...

So if one person in the entrise has their 2000 laptop infected and
brings it into the corporate net...  Presto -- the worm gains NTLM
authentication to all other desktops that allow all domain users
access...

So, it need not be a two pronged attack, just simply a try again
attack...