[Dshield] OT BPL

Ed Truitt ed.truitt at etee2k.net
Thu Oct 20 21:26:24 GMT 2005

Yep -- but put a ham HF rig running full legal power close to a BPL system, and watch the BPL users scream.  A similar situation happened w/ cable TV years ago, and led to lots of local restrictions on ham radio (primarily through restrictions on the placement of antennae.)

This could be a 'security issue' for BPL use, as it would be easy to commit an unintentional DoS on a BPL system.  And, if DoSing a system were to be a criminal offense...

-EdTr.