[Dshield] OT BPL

Patrick St. Jean stjeanp at pat-st-jean.com
Thu Oct 20 23:01:12 GMT 2005

Bob Kehr wrote:
> I could be wrong, but I don't think the issue is so much hams jamming BPL as
> much as the RF garbage generated by BPL making ham and some other public
> service freqs useless.

It actually goes both ways.  During ARRL test it was demonstrated that
as little as 4 watts could knock out the BPL service.  My HF
transmitters put out 100 watts without an amplifier, and I'm legally
permitted 1500 watts. :)

http://www.arrl.org/tis/info/HTML/plc/degrade.html

Pat

--
Pat in Lewisville            K0OOK               '97 XLH 883 (Rocinante)
BS#140                                               EKIII rides with me