[Dshield] OT BPL

Paul Marsh pmarsh at nmefdn.org
Fri Oct 21 13:17:20 GMT 2005

	A little more research and it looks like there are devices that
can notch out and BPL freqs to avoid RF interference for both side of
the problem.  For the most part the data is running over unshielded
lines.  I haven't found any info regarding encryption of the
transmissions, it just sounds like a recipe for problems.  I understand
that BPL's and home BPL networks have been around for awhile but have
not been adopted by people in the states
http://www.homeplug.org/en/index.asp.  IMO it's just a matter of time
before we see it wide spread in the states, testing has been done and
pilot rollouts are already up and running.  Is anyone on the list using
BPL service?  How's it going?  What are the ups and downs?  I'll be
honest I'm looking at this in two lights one is learn the technology and
make some bucks the other is another access point to look down.

Thanx, Paul

The information in this transmittal (including attachments, if any) is privileged and confidential and is intended only for the recipient(s) listed above. Any review, use, disclosure, distribution or copying of this transmittal is prohibited except by or on behalf of the intended recipient. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify me immediately by reply email and destroy all copies of the transmittal. Thank you.