[Dshield] Virus on www.messengertools.[removethis].org

Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Oct 24 03:43:27 GMT 2005

On Sat, 22 Oct 2005 21:59:16 EDT, Tom said:
> I remain amazed that anyone would allow executables to be
> autodownloaded from mail or websites anymore

But.. But.. But.. if I don't download that codook thingie, I won't be able
to see the new ad from the First National Bank of Dancing Hamsters, feauturing
Britney Spears and Paris Hilton doing a naked hamster dance....

In other words, nobody with a smidgen of security kloo auto-downloads
executables.  Unfortunately, security kloo is spread so thin that for probably
80% of users, you need a microscope to find the slightest trace of it....