[Dshield] VoIP Security Threat Taxonomy: Request for Comments

David Endler david.endler at voipsa.org
Mon Oct 24 23:10:04 GMT 2005

The Voice over IP Security Alliance (VOIPSA) is pleased to announce the
first draft release of the VoIP Security Threat Taxonomy.  The draft is
available at http://www.voipsa.org/Activities/taxonomy.php and your comments
are greatly appreciated.  In fact, we've opened up the online wiki
specifically for collecting your feedback.  Many thanks to the project
leader Jonathan Zar and all of the volunteers who dedicated their time and
energy to this first release.

Today you will also notice a facelift to the VOIPSA website with new
functionality and resources added: http://www.voipsa.org.  Since VOIPSA was
officially founded several months ago, we have been quietly building steam
and momentum in order to lay a foundation for these and future projects.
This draft release and website relaunch are the first of many things to come
in the following weeks and months.

-dave

David Endler
VOIPSA Chairman

ABOUT VOIPSA:

The Voice over IP Security Alliance (VOIPSA) aims to fill the void of VoIP
security related resources through a unique collaboration of VoIP and
Information Security vendors, providers, thought leaders, and users.
VOIPSA's mission is to drive adoption of VoIP by promoting the current state
of VoIP security research, VoIP security education and awareness, and free
VoIP testing methodologies and tools.  Get involved at http://www.voipsa.org