[Dshield] Any php volunteers?

Johannes B. Ullrich jullrich at sans.org
Mon Oct 31 16:16:19 GMT 2005

I am currently quite seriously considering a complete recode of the
DShield and ISC sites. The main reason is that DShield is now 5 years
old, it was my first major php project, and both facts "show".

I was wondering if anybody is interested to join in on the rewrite fun.
The goal would be:

- merge the dshield and isc code base (same code with two different
style sheets. This is a long overdue project ;0)
- move the code to php5.
- make more use of PEAR modules (in particular DB).

If you would like to participate, please send me a note off list. In
order to do so, you should:

- experience with php5 object oriented coding.
- experience with mysql
- substantial amount of free time over the next month

This will be non-compensated volunteer work. I am looking for 3 people
max. It helps if I know you from the list, and I would need a quick
phone interview to make sure you exist are "real" ;-).

All code will be released under GPL.

--
---------
Johannes Ullrich                        jullrich at sans.org