[Dshield] DShield List [WAS: Windows Update?]

Kenton Smith listsks at yahoo.ca
Thu Apr 6 19:24:43 GMT 2006

I had decided that I wasn't going to get into this
because it just seemed like an attempt at a flame war.
However, you seem to have confused matters while
trying to prove your point. Did you see 5 days of old
email get posted to this list when the server was
rebooted?

My understanding of Johannes' email was that some
email that got clogged was the Dhield log submissions,
not the mailing list email.

There are times when this list is very quiet (as
others have pointed out, this is fine with me). It is
used for current events and help when someone needs
it.

Dhield is basically a volunteer organizationa and
there are going to be technical difficulties from time
to time. Is it the end of the world? I don't think so.
There's nothing here that's so critical to my ability
to function in my job that I have to see mail from
this list every minute of the day.

I don't know how long you've been a member of this
list (I think I've been lurking for about 5 years
now), but I have yet to ever see a situation on this
list (unlike many others) where someone was rudely
treated or not had someone on the list helpfully
respond.

Kenton