[Dshield] Surveys and such

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Thu Apr 13 16:50:33 GMT 2006

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 10:39:55 -0400
"Fielder, Wayne  \(CPE\)" <Wayne.Fielder at ky.gov> opined:
> Greetings all,
>
>    One of our sub-agencies has an interesting predicament.  They are
> part of a consortium that manages a statewide system.  The system is
> hosted at two sites and those sites share the load based on
> geographic "districts".
>
>    For the first time in the 7 year history of this outfit, they
> are now wanting to determine the costs involved at the two hosting
> sites. Record keeping hasn't been that great among consortium
> members and, as I said, no one has thought to do this analysis in
> the past.  Well...now's the time since our beloved Legislature has
> stripped a million dollars from our operating budget.
>
>    Does anyone know of a public Gartner report addressing this kind
> of issue?  Has anyone else went down this road?  I'm not looking
> for data. I'm looking for what was asked to get the data.

My field is post-secondary ed. You need to be more specific than
"determine the costs involved at the two hosting sites." Does this
involve the 990 filing? Are you interested in apportionment or total
costs? Are there any Title IV accounting issues (FISAP filing)?

--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php