[Dshield] Amazon phish site.

IT it_pwd at rediffmail.com
Mon Apr 24 09:05:35 GMT 2006

Hi All,

I work for an ISP. Recently we had an issue with an customer's machine. The customer's system was running a site as http://x.x.x.x/amazon/amazon/index.html and we had mails coming from folks in other ISP complaining about this IP address saying as there is a 'phish' site hosted on your network...

I did some googling and found that there are similar cases repoprted. I'm just trying to understand whether it is a worm/virus activity which plants a 'phish' site on the victim's machine or a hacker systematically compromising systems and putting webservers/spam mail server on the same?

Has anyone seen similar incidents or has any other info about this?

thnx

theetz.