[Dshield] spam problem

David Cary Hart DShield at TQMcube.com
Wed Apr 26 15:33:57 GMT 2006

On Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:13:44 -0400
"Paul Marsh" <pmarsh at nmefdn.org> opined:

> Over the last week I've been noticing a slow but sure increase in
> NDR's in my postmasters mailbox.  The NDR's are a result of some
> spam spewer some where on the net.  The emails are being returned
> to the following none existent boxes.
>
>  IsaacPhilips4
>  DonaldPhilips6
>  DomingoPhilips7
>  DomingoPhilips1
>  JulesPhilips0
>  GarthPhilips3
>
> I'm sure there is no way to track this thing down and nothing I can
> do or is there?

Even if you do track it down, it may ultimately lead to a host in
South Korea that doesn't give a rodent's derriere about your problem
or a Zombie. The walking dead are oblivious to the mess.

There are numerous ways to reject BACKSCATTER depending upon your OS
and MTA including not accepting email for non-existent users.
--
Our DNSRBL - Eliminate Spam: http://www.TQMcube.com
The Dirty Dozen Spammiest Ranges: http://tqmcube.com/dirty12.php