[Dshield] Tapes - Physical destruction methods?

dianalucy00-sans at yahoo.com dianalucy00-sans at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 6 03:23:37 GMT 2006

All,

Many thanks for the suggestions.  I sent an email internally with the methods mentioned and after a quick demo of despooling the tape into a shredder, our purchasing supervisor forwarded my email along with a note up the chain.  The attention given to recent data security lapses/incidents within the govt helped, so we will be purchasing a degausser.  The degausser will also help us with hard drive destruction, as it will provide an additional method to ensuring customer data doesn't end up in the news.

Linda :)

For my non-geek friends:
Friends don't email friends .exe or .com files.  So don't open those types of attachments!!
For my geek friends:
Adopt a newbie....