[Dshield] Another VA laptop missing.....

Frank Knobbe frank at knobbe.us
Tue Aug 8 16:27:10 GMT 2006

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 10:57 -0500, Allen Mundt wrote:
> [...]  If credit card
> companies or larger financial institutions were held pecuniary liable,
> the problems would be fixed in about 6 months.

Doubtful since those fines would just be budgeted and result in higher
fees for the consumer.

No, what we need are *criminal* penalties (European Data Directive
anyone?)
Once executives can no longer get away on those violations, but will
have to serve time, then the security efforts may increase in favor of
the consumer.

Regards,
Frank

against your ports.