[Dshield] Another VA laptop missing.....

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Wed Aug 9 16:31:26 GMT 2006

On Tue, 08 Aug 2006 11:27:10 CDT, Frank Knobbe said:

> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 10:57 -0500, Allen Mundt wrote:
> > [...]  If credit card
> > companies or larger financial institutions were held pecuniary liable,
> > the problems would be fixed in about 6 months.
>
> Doubtful since those fines would just be budgeted and result in higher
> fees for the consumer.

At least a few financial groups will figure out that there's money to be
made in simply doing it *right*, not getting fined, and passing the savings
along as "New! Lower competitive fees!".  I'll go out on a limb and bet that
this will catch on big time with credit unions, which have always been looking
for new ways to do basic banking with low fees....