[Dshield] A few issues at the DShield site.

Peter Stendahl-Juvonen peter.stendahl-juvonen at welho.com
Sat Aug 12 10:57:27 GMT 2006

Håkon et al.

Thanks for prompt reply.

Please find comment in-line (below).

11.8.2006 20:17 (UTC+3), Håkon Alstadheim kirjoitti/wrote:
> Peter Stendahl-Juvonen wrote:
>> Hint for all, when experiencing the redirection error and landing at, e.g.
>>
>> https://secure.dshield.org/myreports.php showing;
>>
>> "The page isn't redirecting properly
>>
>> Firefox has detected
> I just got a redirection error in Firefox on the login page. Deleting my
> cookies cleared that up.

Have experienced the same error (also for DShield pages requiring
authentication), and used the same solution, as the hint provided
earlier does no longer work in doing the trick.

When it does not work, the "The page isn't redirecting properly...
"error page is shown.

Deleting the DShield autologin cookie helps in getting to the DShield
login page, stops shortly the redirection error from occurring.

Nevertheless, a *manual, redundant login* (*re-entering login*
*credentials and ticking the 'Remember me' box is required*.)

The *automatic login mechanism is definitely still broken*, and
*requires fixing in order to work properly as should*.

Wish best of luck with the toil.

BTW, would be curious to know, whether anyone has managed to
successfully auto-login, as many as, e.g. five times in a row, to the
DShield site.

If so, what Internet browser is that well supported by the DShield site?

> I still can't get IP summaries to update.

Same here, *the update IP summary feature is completely out of order*.
*It has been steadily and constantly broken for months*.   :-(

*Definitely needs fixing in order to be able to use the feature*.

*If not fixable (by obtainable means), please consider removing the*
*feature*.

> Haven't tested the other stuff recently.

*The timestamp feature is also broken* (as described in detail in
earlier post and reports).

*It has been steadily and constantly broken for months*.   :-(

*Also definitely needs fixing in order to be able to use the feature*.

*If not fixable (by obtainable means), please consider removing the*
*feature*.

- - Pete

  "Make the best use of what is in your power, and take the rest as it
   happens."
          Epictetus (50/55-135 AD); Greek-born Roman philosopher.