[Dshield] Mandatory Disclosure of Data Loss Laws

Shawn Cox shawn.cox at pcca.com
Mon Aug 14 19:32:54 GMT 2006

Is California still the only State to have laws on the books which require
companies who lose private data to notify the owners of said data?

I thought there was some discussion of federal level laws on this subject,
but I am unable to find the data at this time.

We are currently in the process of updating our internal security policies
and need to know if we stay with our current voluntary policy or shift gears
to anticipate required notification which require more or less of our
current policy.

Thanks,
--S