[Dshield] Mandatory Disclosure of Data Loss Laws

Roger A. Grimes roger at banneretcs.com
Tue Aug 15 23:20:36 GMT 2006

At least 20 states have similar laws. There are multiple competiting
federal bills under consideration. All are weaker than the California
law, all supercede strong state laws, and all appear to be co-written by
the very businesses they appear to regulate.  Any surprise?

You can read my (and Ed Foster's) articles on www.infoworld.com
regarding the subject. SANS Newsbyte has covered the problem in at least
two issues over the last few months.

Roger