[Dshield] [Fwd: WHY IS YOUR CUSTOMER ATTEMPTING ILLEGAL ACCESS TO THIS COMPUTER]

John Dietz www.whitewolf at gmail.com
Fri Aug 25 13:56:51 GMT 2006

At the risk of sounding lake a smart-alec, the DHS has a lot of clout.
 Unless you were just bluffing about the computer being used for DHS
service, I say go ahead and report the issue to them.  That's about
the only way you will get the response I believe you are looking for.
If you were bluffing, I'm not sure what to tell you other than try to
be patient and attempt to work with the ISP to help get this resolved.
 As a side note, you might find people more receptive to your emails
if you drop the caps and use lowercase letters.  Even if that is not
your intent, and I don't believe it is, some people see that as
shouting and no one wants to do favors for someone who is yelling at
them.

Cheers,

John

On 8/25/06, BOYD S. (SPENCE) MINER <k4kep at backroads.net> wrote:
<snip>
> DOES ANYONE HAVE THE CLOUT TO GET A STONG MESSAGE TO THIS ISP.
</snip>
<snip>
> IF IT DOES NOT STOP, A REPORT WILL BE SENT TO DHS AS THIS SYSTEM IS IN DHS
> SERVICE AT A REMOTE SITE AND USED FOR OFFICIAL DHS BUSINESS.
</snip>

--
There is intelligence is in having all the answers, but wisdom lies in
knowing which of the questions to answer.