[Dshield] SORBS question

Abuse abuse at what4now.com
Sun Aug 27 23:41:23 GMT 2006

** Reply to message from <dshield.org at keithbergen.com> on Sun, 27 Aug 2006
17:42:51 -0400

> Does anybody have any experience with SORBS? This is my first time
> experiencing a block by an ISP using SORBS.

This is not about SORBS but about mailing lists.

> Recipient: <[my mailing list]>
>     Reason:    5.3.0 <[my mailing list]>... Message from 205.152.59.73
> rejected - see http://sorbs.net/lookup? 205.152.59.73

I am assuming from the munged mailing list name that this is a private list you
run.

Make sure that you are not sending automatic responses to mailing list errors
such as "you are not subscribed" messages.  These type of messages will get you
listed in a number of blacklists.  The spammers send their spam to anyone and
if they happen to send it to a mailing list and the mailing list sends
automatic replies to a forged FROM email address you may hit spam traps and/or
someone that may report it to a blacklist.