[Dshield] Idea for dealing with ISPs that ignore abusenotificatons was RE: The Art/Tao/Zen of Abuse e-mails (Was:[Fwd: WHY IS YOURCUSTOMER...])

Kenton Smith listsks at yahoo.ca
Mon Aug 28 16:27:54 GMT 2006

<rant>

Can we all just agree that these legal ramblings are worthless on a mailing list of this sort and stop lecturing someone every time they send an email with a disclaimer footer? There are many people who have no choice and these footers are forced on them by legal departments. Any IT person knows that a lawyer isn't going to take legal advice from someone who isn't a lawyer.
I think it's far better to have people participating on the list than make them feel like fools because every time they send an email to the list they are chastised for something over which they have no control. And yes, they shouldn't be using their work email for list conversations either, but again, some people don't get the option to use something else.

<end rant>

Kenton