[Dshield] Change Thread name- Legal Disclaimers WAS RE: Idea for dealing with ISPs that ignoreabusenotificatons was RE: The Art/Tao/Zen of Abuse e-mails(Was:[Fwd: WHY IS YOURCUSTOMER...])

Tomas L. Byrnes tomb at byrneit.net
Mon Aug 28 23:33:53 GMT 2006

Can we all agree to change the subject when the thread deviates substantially from the original?

I'm not sure how much this actually is relevant to network security. Some subscribers may be interested in or able to do something about the disclaimers, but I'm pretty sure that a significant number of people interested in how to deal with ISPs that have non-reponsive abuse handles are not in the least bit interested in what footer people have to put on their messages @ the behest of legal.

I also, personally, think that us netsec guys have lots more pressing matters on our plate than what is, or is not, legally binding. By the time legal gets involved, there has been a breach or policy violation. Our primary goal is that it never goes there.

YMMV, and you may have the time to focus on every minute aspect that gets discussed here, but let's at least make sure the threads are properly titled, so we don't waste our time on things we aren't interested in.