[Dshield] The race to the bottom - Virtualizing all yourservers -security measure or not?

Linda Ruiz dianalucy00-sans at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 31 20:39:05 GMT 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Don Jackson <djackson at secureworks.com>
To: General DShield Discussion List <list at lists.dshield.org>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 10:09:41 AM
Subject: Re: [Dshield] The race to the bottom - Virtualizing all yourservers -security measure or not?

> Do you have any better links on this subject?

Understanding how the attacks happen and what direction attackers might
take (using SVM as an example) is illustrated in Joanna's presentation
at SyScan '06 (also presented at BlackHat).  If you can't find a copy,
I'll email it to you off list.  Also, check out rootkit.com and anything
by Hoglund first, before moving into any deeper waters.  :)

Don Jackson, CISSP
-- snip --

Thanks Don, Valdis & Tonni.  I found what I believe is Joanna's site (http://invisiblethings.org/).  Many interesting items to read, digest and to test out.

 - Linda :)
 For my non-geek friends:  Friends don't email friends _unexpected_ files.  So don't open them!!

For my geek friends:
  Adopt a newbie....