[Dshield] Blackworm liability with ISPs?

Jon R. Kibler Jon.Kibler at aset.com
Thu Feb 2 15:08:48 GMT 2006

"Johannes B. Ullrich" wrote:

> <SNIP!> (or do people actually want an Internet
> drivers license?)

Well, we currently screen or license users of just about every other type of 'dangerous' technology: cars, airplanes, boats, motorcycles, guns, broadcast radios, etc.

So why not license computer users?

Why not require a certain minimum understanding of the technology before allowing its use?

Why not require that you must demonstrate that you are minimally competent at using the technology before turning you loose on the world?

After all, a wayward computer or computer user can cause just about as much damage (if not more!) than most of the technologies that we currently license.

Jon
--
Jon R. Kibler
Chief Technical Officer